October 20-26, 2014
Sea Island’s courses, Plantation and Seaside, are perennially named among the nation’s finest, with an 85-year history that includes some of the game‘s legendary names. On October 20-26, 2014, the PGA Tour’s FedEx Cup event, the McGladrey Classic, will be played on Seaside, with Sea Island’s own Davis Love III as tournament chairman.
Golf Group Benefits
- Special reduced group room rates for groups of eight or more rooms at The Lodge, The Cloister and The Inn.
- Unlimited group golf rates available for guests at The Lodge and The Cloister
- Complimentary assigned group Golf Professional to assist with scoring, tournament play, pairings and leaderboards
- Special organized group activities such as Fishing, Shooting, Performance Center, Putting tournaments and much more…
- Onsite group liaison to assist with private dining functions, group activities, meetings, transportation
Golf Performance Center at the Lodge
The Sea Island Golf Performance Center is a signature Sea Island experience. The facility is adjacent to The Lodge at Sea Island Golf Club and offers beautiful views of St. Simons Sound. Incorporating a holistic, multidisciplinary approach to the game, the Sea Island Golf Performance Center is the only training facility in the U.S. to employ three of Golf Digest's top 50 golf instructors. PGA professionals Davis Love III, Jonathan Byrd, Matt Kuchar, and U.S. Open Champion Lucas Glover are just some of the game's best players who train with the Golf Performance Center's world-renowned instructors.
Accommodations – The Lodge
The AAA Five-Diamond and Forbes Five-Star Lodge at Sea Island Golf Club is a 40-room hotel and golf clubhouse strategically located to take advantage of the resort's three 18-hole championship golf courses. The spacious 700+ square-foot accommodations, featuring rich wood furnishings, exposed beam ceilings, and hardwood floors, are reminiscent of an English country manor, complete with personalized 24-hour butler service. Most rooms boast spectacular views overlooking the Atlantic Ocean or celebrated Plantation course.
Accommodations – The Cloister
The Forbes Five-Star Cloister offers 175 guest rooms and suites overlooking the tidal Black Banks River, Atlantic Ocean or lush coastal marshes. The spacious 700 square feet rooms are exquisitely appointed with fine furnishings, handmade Turkish rugs and stone baths with deep-soaking tubs. The Forbes Five-Star Cloister Spa and Beach Club are only steps away.
Accommodations – The Inn
The Inn at Sea Island is a select service 85-room hotel with access to many Sea Island amenities.
The Inn is located minutes from the Sea Island Golf Club, Sea Island, and St. Simons’ historic sites, beaches and shopping, and provides:
- Comfortable, casual accommodations in rooms averaging 400 square feet
- Complimentary continental breakfast
- Complimentary Wi-Fi service
- On-site pool and workout room
- Indoor and outdoor social areas
- On-site evening bar including limited dining options (4-10 p.m.)
- Complimentary shuttle service to Sea Island amenities
Dining - The Cloister offers the following dining venues:
- The Forbes Five-Star Georgian Room, a fine dining restaurant, serves breakfast and dinner.
- The River Bar serves tavern fare for lunch and dinner.
- The casual Southern Tide at the Beach Club serves breakfast, lunch and dinner.
- Tavola, our newest rustic Italian eatery, serves dinner nightly.
- Room Service is available 24 hours each day.
Dining – The Lodge offers the following dining venues:
- Colt & Alison serves breakfast and dinner daily.
- The Oak Room serves lunch and dinner daily.
- Men's Locker Room serves lunch daily.
Beyond legendary golf, groups can take advantage of the 65,000-square-foot Forbes Five-Star Award-winning spa and fitness center • Cloister Beach Club • Five miles of private beach • Tennis • Squash • Shooting • In-shore & off-shore fishing • Sailing • Paddle boarding • Kayaking • Horseback rides on the beach • Nature tours • Bike rentals, and much more…
Spa at Sea Island
The Forbes Five-Star Cloister Spa and Fitness Center is among the nation's most prestigious spa facilities. This transformative, 65,000-square-foot sanctuary of elegance and serenity combines the best of ancient and modern wisdom, featuring an expert staff of therapists and consultants. The salon and treatment facilities are superb, and personalization is emphasized throughout. The Fitness Center is extensive and modern, encompassing personal training, indoor pools, cycling classes, and yoga... truly a sanctuary unto itself.
Location and Transportation
Sea Island is located off southeast Georgia's beautiful Atlantic coast, along five miles of private beach. Easily accessible from three commercial airports and one private airport:
- Jacksonville International (JAX) – One-hour drive
- Savannah International (SAV) – Slightly over one-hour drive
- Brunswick Airport (BQK) jet service on Delta from Atlanta – a 20-minute drive
- St. Simons McKinnon Airport (SSI) Private airport – 5 Minute drive
For More Information
Please contact Corwin Parker, Golf Sales Manager at [email protected] or (912) 634-4490.