1. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR TO WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. ALL FEDERAL, STATE, LOCAL, AND MUNICIPAL LAWS AND REGULATIONS APPLY. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED. ENTRY IS SUBJECT TO THE FOLLOWING TERMS, CONDITIONS, LIMITATIONS, AND OTHER RULES (“OFFICIAL RULES”). BY SUBMITTING AN ENTRY, YOU (“ENTRANT”) SIGNIFY YOUR FULL AND UNCONDITIONAL ACCEPTANCE OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES.
2. Eligibility. Subject to the additional restrictions below, the Sea Island 90th Anniversary Giveaway (the “Contest”) is only open to legal residents of United States who are 21 years or older at the time of entry. Sponsor may, in Sponsor’s sole discretion, require any Entrant to provide valid government-issued identification to validate eligibility. Employees, officers, and directors of Sea Island Acquisition LLC (“Sponsor”), and each of its respective affiliated companies, subsidiaries, and advertising and promotional agencies, and the family members of, and any persons domiciled with, any such employees, are not eligible to enter or to win. The term “family members” includes spouses, parents, grandparents, siblings, children, grandchildren, and in-laws, regardless of where they live.
3. How to Enter. The Contest will begin at 9:00 a.m. (E.T.) on Thursday, March 1, 2018 and end at 10:00 a.m. (E.T.) on Friday, August 31, 2018 (the “Contest Period”). Sea Island will be the official timekeeper for the Contest.
To participate in the Contest, submit a reason that you love Sea Island via upload or manual entry through the form located on the website at www.seaisland.com. If an Entrant has persistent difficulty with the entry form, they may use alternative contact methods as necessary to submit the information (the entry form, and all photos or other content submitted together with the form, are referred to collectively as the “Entry”). Entries should include a photo, when possible, and should relate to a memory or personal connection to Sea Island. Entries will be limited to 750 characters (including spaces) or less and no more than 1 photo (as a jpeg or png) per Entry. A photo is not required for an Entry. An Entrant may submit multiple Entries so long as each Entry complies with the Content limitations contained herein. All Entries must be approved by Sea Island before appearing in the Contest on the Sea Island website, Facebook page, or as part of any future promotion campaign by Sea Island, and Sea Island may refuse to post any Entries in its sole discretion. By submitting an Entry, Entrant acknowledges, represents, and warrants that: (i) the text, photos, graphics, images, or other content contained therein (collectively “Content”) is Entrant’s own original Content, and the Entrant owns all rights in such Content; (ii) the Entry does not contain material that violates or infringes another’s rights, including but not limited to privacy, publicity, or intellectual property rights, or that constitutes copyright infringement; (iii) the Entry does not contain material that is unlawful, in violation of, or contrary to the laws or regulations in any state where Entry is created; (iv) the Entry does not exceed 750 characters; (v) the Entry does not contain Content that is inappropriate, indecent, obscene, hateful, tortious, defamatory, slanderous, or libelous; and (vi) the Entrant meets all requirements for eligibility set forth in Section 2 of these Official Rules. Entrants may make multiple Entries during the Contest Period. No hard copy Entries accepted.
Entrant must provide his or her own name in connection with the Entry or Entries. If an Entrant uses a false name, he or she will be immediately disqualified from the Contest and be ineligible to win any prize, and Sponsor reserves any rights and remedies which may be available at law.
Sponsor will not be responsible for loss of service to the website or Contest email, or for a malfunction of any network or system, congestion, overload, or any other factor that may prevent an Entrant from completing or submitting an Entry. Sponsor will not be responsible for lost, late, stolen, damaged, incomplete, invalid, delayed, or misdirected Entries.
By submitting your Entry, you grant to the Sponsor a perpetual, irrevocable, worldwide, sublicensable right and license to reproduce, display, distribute, adapt, create derivative works, perform, and otherwise modify all Content within your Entry, including all copyrights, trademarks, and other intellectual property therein, in all media and formats, free from all restrictions and limitations, without any obligation of notification, attribution, or compensation to the Entrant, including without limitation the right to include Content, as well as Entrant’s name, likeness, and home town, in connection with voting in the course of the Contest, and in advertising and promotional materials related in any manner to Sea Island. Entrant must have permission from all individuals that appear in any Content submitted with the Entry to use their name and likeness and to grant the rights to Sponsor set forth herein. If requested, Entrant must be able to provide such permissions in a form acceptable to Sponsor.
4. Winner Selection. A panel of Sea Island employees will decide on the top ten finalists based on the Content of the Entry and how it reflects on or connects to the history of Sea Island as a destination for relaxation, recreation, families, culinary experiences, and other pursuits. The top ten finalists’ reasons they love Sea Island will be shared via Sea Island’s Facebook page on or about Wednesday, September 12, 2018. Sea Island fans will decide the potential Grand Prize Winner (“Grand Prize Winner” or “Winner”) by voting for their favorite among the top ten finalist Entries on the Sea Island Facebook page. Each fan can only vote for one Entry per 24 hour period. Voting will open at or around 9:00 p.m. (ET) on Wednesday, September 12, 2018 and end at 9:00 am (E.T.) on Wednesday, October 10, 2018.
5. Grand Prize Description.
One (1) Grand Prize: Subject to verification of eligibility and compliance with these Official Rules, one (1) Grand Prize Winner will receive a Sea Island Experience which the Winner may choose from among the options provided by Sea Island (or a mutually-agreed upon experience of an equivalent value) in which Sea Island will bring the best of Sea Island to the Winner’s own home (or a separate, mutually agreed-upon venue) (the “Grand Prize”). The nature of the Grand Prize may vary based on the Winner’s request, Sea Island’s agreement to changes, available staff, and other resources. Examples of a potential Grand Prize include a Sea Island chef preparing a Sea Island dining experience in your home, or a Sea Island golf instructor joining you to create a Sea Island golf experience. Approximate Retail Value of the Grand Prize is not to exceed $5000 and all Grand Prize specifics are subject to agreement by Sea Island. Calculation of the Approximate Retail Value of the Grand Prize will include applicable airfare and hotel accommodations for Sea Island personnel providing the Grand Prize, as well as essential materials necessary for Sea Island staff to provide the Grand Prize (e.g. tools, equipment, or food). Specific inclusions must be agreed to in advance between the Winner and Sea Island, and any failure to cooperate may result in the forfeiture of the Grand Prize. PLEASE NOTE: The Grand Prize is meant to be delivered within the Winner’s home or property unless an alternate site is mutually agreed upon between the Winner and Sea Island. Sea Island will not be liable for any insurances or releases necessary for venues used to provide the Grand Prize.
6. Potential Winner Notification and Acceptance. The potential Grand Prize Winner will be announced on Friday, October 12, 2018 on Sea Island’s Facebook Page after the potential Winner is contacted via registered mail and e-mail.
Potential Winners may be required to complete an affidavit of eligibility and a liability and publicity release (except where prohibited by law), which must be notarized and returned no later than October 30, 2018. Except where prohibited, acceptance of the Grand Prize constitutes the potential Winner’s irrevocable consent to the publication or other use by Sponsor and its licensees of his or her name, biographical information, and likeness in any media, including the Internet, for any commercial, publicity, or promotional purpose, without limitation, review, or approval, or additional compensation. Persons traveling as the guest of a potential Grand Prize Winner must also sign any affidavit or release that Sponsor may require.
Sponsor’s inability to reach a potential Winner after a reasonable (as solely determined by Sponsor) effort has been made, the failure of a potential Winner to timely respond to a Grand Prize notification or other arrangements associated with the Grand Prize, the return of any Grand Prize notification as undeliverable, and/or a potential Winner’s failure to comply with any term or condition of these Official Rules may, in Sponsor’s sole discretion, result in the potential Winner’s disqualification and the selection of a substitute Winner by a random drawing from among all remaining eligible Entries received during the Contest Period. Sponsor may conduct up to five (5) alternate drawings, after which the Grand Prize may remain unawarded.
AN ENTRANT IS NOT A WINNER OF ANY PRIZE UNLESS AND UNTIL SPONSOR HAS COMPLETED ITS VERIFICATION OF ENTRANT’S ELIGIBILITY.
A potential Winner may waive the right to receive the Grand Prize. The Grand Prize is non-assignable and nontransferable and cannot be redeemed for cash. While details of the Sea Island experience Grand Prize may be personalized, the experience is the sole option for Grand Prize and may not be exchanged by the potential Winner for any other value or prize. The Grand Prize is subject to availability. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute the stated Grand Prize with a prize of equal or greater value. Winner is solely responsible for reporting and payment of any taxes on the Grand Prize. Winner may be required to provide his/her valid Social Security Number to Sponsor for tax purposes and/or complete an IRS W-9 form in order to claim the Grand Prize. The Winner is solely responsible for all federal, state, and local taxes on prize value and, as applicable, will be issued an IRS Form 1099 based on the prize value determined by Sponsor. If the Grand Prize is not won and claimed by an eligible Winner in accordance with these Official Rules, it will not be awarded and will remain the property of Sponsor.
8. Publicity. Any venues or outside vendors used in delivering the Grand Prize must grant Sponsor the right to use such venue, vendor, or other related materials in advertising and promotional material that Sponsor may develop.
9. Participation. By participating, Entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor and any Contest judges or administrators selected by Sponsor, which are final and binding in all respects. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify persons found tampering with or otherwise abusing any aspect of this Contest as solely determined by Sponsor. In the event the Contest is compromised by a virus, non-authorized human intervention, tampering, or other causes beyond the reasonable control of Sponsor which corrupt or impair the administration, security, fairness, or proper operation of the Contest, Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to suspend, modify, or terminate the Contest. Should the Contest be terminated prior to the stated expiration date, Sponsor reserves the right to award the Grand Prize based on the Entries received before the termination date. Proof of sending or submission of an Entry will not be deemed proof of receipt by Sponsor.
10. Release. BY PARTICIPATING IN THE CONTEST, EACH ENTRANT AGREES TO FULLY RELEASE, FOREVER DISCHARGE, AND HOLD HARMLESS SPONSOR, SEA ISLAND AQUISITION LLC, AND ITS SUBSIDIARIES, AFFILIATES, SUPPLIERS, DISTRIBUTORS, ADVERTISING/PROMOTION AGENCIES, AND PRIZE SUPPLIERS AND EACH SUCH COMPANY’S OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, REPRESENTATIVES, AND SUCCESSORS AND ASSIGNS (COLLECTIVELY, THE “RELEASED PARTIES”) FROM AND AGAINST ANY CLAIMS, COSTS, LIABILITIES, LOSSES, INJURIES, AND DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF THE CONTEST, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, ANY CLAIMS FOR PERSONAL INJURY, DEATH, OR DAMAGE TO OR LOSS OF PROPERTY, LOSS OF ENJOYMENT, OR ANY OTHER HARM WHATSOEVER ARISING OUT OF: (1) PARTICIPATION IN THE CONTEST; (2) THE QUALITY, RECEIPT, POSSESSION, USE, OR MISUSE OF THE GRAND PRIZE; (3) ANY TRAVEL OR ACTIVITY THAT IS RELATED TO THE CONTEST OR THE GRAND PRIZE, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION ANY INJURY, OR DEATH THAT MAY RESULT FOR PARTICIPATION IN ANY ACTIVITIES OFFERED AS PART OF THE GRAND PRIZE OR TRAVEL TO AND FROM ANY VENUE OR LOCATION WHERE EVENTS COMPRISING THE GRAND PRIZE TAKE PLACE; (4) USE OF ANY CONTENT CONTAINED WITHIN THE ENTRY; OR (5) USE OF ANY VENUE, VENDOR, MATERIAL, OR CONTENT CONNECTED IN ANY WAY TO THE GRAND PRIZE.
11. Limitations of Liability. BY PARTICIPATING IN THE CONTEST, ENTRANTS ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT EVERYTHING REGARDING THIS CONTEST, INCLUDING THE WEBSITE AND THE GRAND PRIZE, ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” AND THAT SPONSOR MAKES NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, ABOUT THE GRAND PRIZE, AND SPONSOR HEREBY DISCLAIMS ALL SUCH WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. (BECAUSE SOME STATES DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF CERTAIN IMPLIED WARRANTIES, THE ABOVE LIMITATION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. IN SUCH STATES, THE LIABILITY OF THE RELEASED PARTIES IS LIMITED TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY SUCH STATE LAW.)
THE RELEASED PARTIES ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR: (1) ANY INCORRECT OR INACCURATE INFORMATION, WHETHER CAUSED BY ENTRANTS, PRINTING OR PRODUCTION ERRORS, OR BY ANY OF THE EQUIPMENT OR PROGRAMMING ASSOCIATED WITH OR EMPLOYED IN THE CONTEST; (2) TECHNICAL FAILURES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO MALFUNCTIONS, INTERRUPTIONS, OR DISCONNECTIONS IN PHONE LINES OR NETWORK HARDWARE OR SOFTWARE; (3) UNAUTHORIZED HUMAN INTERVENTION IN ANY PART OF THE ENTRY PROCESS OR THE CONTEST; (4) TECHNICAL OR HUMAN ERROR WHICH MAY OCCUR IN THE ADMINISTRATION OF THE CONTEST, THE PROCESSING OF ENTRIES, OR THE NOTIFICATION OF ANY POTENTIAL WINNER; OR (5) ANY INJURY OR DAMAGE TO PERSONS OR PROPERTY WHICH MAY BE CAUSED, DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY, IN WHOLE OR IN PART, FROM AN ENTRANT’S PARTICIPATION IN THE CONTEST OR RECEIPT OR USE OR MISUSE OF THE GRAND PRIZE.
Only the Grand Prize as stated in these Official Rules is available to be won in the Contest.
12. Construction. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any such provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable, these Official Rules shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or unenforceable provision was not contained therein.
13. Sponsor. The Sea Island 90th Anniversary Contest is sponsored by Sea Island Acquisition LLC. The decisions of Sponsor regarding the selection of potential Winners and all other aspects of the Contest shall be final and binding in all respects. Sponsor will not be responsible for typographical, printing, or other inadvertent errors in these Official Rules or in other materials or announcements relating to the Contest.