NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE DOES NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
2. Start/End Times. Sweepstakes begins at 9:00 a.m. Eastern Time on February 4, 2019 and ends at 7:00 p.m. Eastern Time on March 4, 2019 (“Sweepstakes Period”).
3. Eligibility. Participation open only to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia, who are 18 years of age or older and the age of majority in their state of residence as of date of entry. Void outside of the fifty (50) United States or the District of Columbia and where prohibited, taxed or restricted by law. Employees, officers and directors of J. McLaughlin (“Sponsor”), Sea Island Acquisition, LLC. (“Promotional Partner”), and their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, partners, advertising and promotion agencies, manufacturers or distributors of sweepstakes materials and their immediate families (parents, children, siblings, spouse) or members of the same household (whether related or not) of such employees/officers/directors are not eligible to enter. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply.
4. Random Drawing/Odds. One (1) winner will be selected in a random drawing from all eligible entries received on or about March 13, 2019. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received for the drawing. Drawing will be conducted by Promotional Partner. By entering the Sweepstakes, entrants fully and unconditionally agree to be bound by these rules and the decisions of the judges, which will be final and binding in all matters relating to the Sweepstakes.
5. Prize. One (1) winner will receive 5-night hotel accommodations at The Cloister (garden view room) or at The Lodge (Standard Room). One King bed or Two Queen beds, based on availability (valued at $2,000), $2,000 resort credit towards dining and activities on Sea Island, and a Seven Hundred and Fifty Dollar ($750) gift card to J. McLaughlin. Taxes, meals, gratuities, transportation, travel, or any other expenses not specifically listed herein are the responsibility of winner. Accommodations subject to availability; certain restrictions and blackout dates may apply. Winner must travel before December 31, 2020, or prize will be forfeited and no other prizing will be provided. Guest of the winner must be of the age of majority unless the winner is guest’s parent or legal guardian. Neither Sponsor nor Promotional Partner are not liable for delays, cancellation or unforeseen events related to the flights. Winner and guest will be solely responsible for obtaining valid identification relating to acceptance and use of the travel prize packages (i.e., valid Passport). Sponsor nor Promotional Partner will not replace any lost, mutilated, or stolen tickets, travel vouchers or certificates. Approximate retail value of Prize: $4,750. Winner and guest are solely responsible for obtaining any required travel documents, passport and travel insurance.
Prizes are non-transferable. No substitutions or cash redemptions. In the case of unavailability of any prize, Sponsor and/or Promotional Partner reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value. All taxes and unspecified expenses are the responsibility of winner. The value of Prize is taxable to winner as income. An IRS Form 1099 will be issued in the name of winner for the actual value of Prize awarded if the aggregate value of Prize awarded to and other compensation received by winner from Sponsor is $600 or greater for the calendar year.
6. Notification. Potential winner will be notified by email from Promotional Partner and will be required to sign and return, where legal, an Affidavit of Eligibility and Liability/Publicity Release (“Affidavit/Release”) within five (5) calendar days of prize notification. If potential winner is considered a minor in his/her jurisdiction of residence, Affidavit/Release must be signed by his/her parent or legal guardian and such prize will be delivered to minor’s parent/legal guardian and awarded in the name of parent/legal guardian. If potential winner cannot be contacted within five (5) calendar days of first notification attempt, if any prize or prize notification is returned as undeliverable, or in the event of noncompliance with these Sweepstakes rules and requirements, such prize will be forfeited and an alternate winner will be selected from all remaining eligible entries. Upon prize forfeiture, no compensation will be given.
7. Conditions. All federal, state and local taxes are the sole responsibility of the winner. Participation in Sweepstakes and acceptance of prize constitutes winner’s permission for Sponsor and Promotional Partner to use his/her name, address (city and state), likeness, photograph, picture, portrait, voice, biographical information and/or any statements made by each winner regarding the Sweepstakes, Sponsor or Promotional Partner for advertising and promotional purposes without notice or additional compensation, except where prohibited by law. By participating, entrants and winner agree to release and hold harmless Sponsor, Promotional Partner, and their affiliates, partners and promotion and advertising agencies and each of their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers and directors (collectively, the “Released Entities”), from any and all liability, for loss, harm, damage, injury, cost or expense whatsoever including without limitation, property damage, personal injury and/or death which may occur in connection with, preparation for, travel to, or participation in Sweepstakes, or possession, acceptance and/or use or misuse of prize or participation in any Sweepstakes-related activity and for any claims based on publicity rights, defamation or invasion of privacy and merchandise delivery. Sponsor nor Promotional Partner are not responsible if Sweepstakes cannot take place or if any prize cannot be awarded due to delays or interruptions due to acts of God, acts of war, natural disasters, weather or acts of terrorism. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify, extend or suspend this Sweepstakes should (in its sole discretion) virus, bugs, non- authorized human intervention, fraud or other causes beyond its control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes. In such case, Sponsor may select the winner from all eligible entries received prior to and/or after (if appropriate) the action taken by Sponsor. Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it finds, in its sole discretion, to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes or web site. Sponsor may prohibit an entrant from participating in the Sweepstakes or winning a prize if, in its sole discretion, it determines that said entrant is attempting to undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes by cheating, hacking, deception, or other unfair playing practices (including the use of automated quick entry programs) or intending to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other entrants or Sponsor representatives. Entrants who do not comply with these Official Rules, or attempt to interfere with this Sweepstakes in any way shall be disqualified.
8. Limitation of Liability; Disclaimer of Warranties. IN NO EVENT WILL THE RELEASED ENTITIES BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OR LOSSES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF YOUR ACCESS TO AND/OR ENTRY IN THE SWEEPSTAKES, AND/OR FROM DOWNLOADING AND/OR PRINTING MATERIAL DOWNLOADED FROM ANY WEBSITES ASSOCIATES WITH THE SWEEPSTAKES. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, THIS SWEEPSTAKES AND ALL PRIZES ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR NON- INFRINGEMENT. SOME JURISDICTIONS MAY NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES SO SOME OF THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. CHECK YOUR LOCAL LAWS FOR ANY RESTRICTIONS OR LIMITATIONS REGARDING THESE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS.
9. Disputes; Governing Law. The parties waive all rights to trial in any action or proceeding instituted in connection with these Official Rules, including, without limitation, the Sweepstakes. Any controversy or claim arising out of or relating to these Official Rules and/or the Sweepstakes shall be settled by binding arbitration in accordance with the commercial arbitration rules of the American Arbitration Association. Any such controversy or claim shall be arbitrated on an individual basis, and shall not be consolidated in any arbitration with any claim or controversy of any other party. The arbitration shall be conducted in the State of New York, City of New York.
THESE OFFICIAL RULES AND THE INTERPRETATION OF ITS TERMS SHALL BE GOVERNED BY AND CONSTRUED IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE LAWS OF THE
STATE OF NEW YORK WITHOUT REGARD TO ITS CONFLICTS OF LAWS RULES. For any matters which are not subject to arbitration as set forth in these Official Rules and/or in connection with the entering of any judgment on an arbitration award in connection with these Official Rules and/or the Sweepstakes, the parties irrevocably submit and consent to the exclusive jurisdiction and venue of the state and federal courts located in or closest to the County of New York in the State of New York. The parties agree not to raise the defense of forum non conveniens.
10. List of Winners. To obtain the name of the winner, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope by May 4, 2019 to: Winners List – J.McLaughlin X Sea Island Vacation Package c/o J. McLaughlin, 236-250 Greenpoint Avenue, Building 6, 2nd Floor, Brooklyn NY 11222.
10. Sponsor. J. McLaughlin, 236-250 Greenpoint Avenue, Building 6, 2nd Floor, Brooklyn NY 11222.
11. Promotional Partner. Sea Island Acquisition, LLC, PO Box 30351, Sea Island, Georgia 31561.