Cloister Main Building
From its inception, The Cloister at Sea Island has been defined by legendary elegance. Generations of discriminating guests have returned again and again to this secluded coastal retreat. Experience the personal service, spectacular dining, and signature activities that have made The Cloister an enduring tradition. Surrender to the lure of 200 world-class hotel rooms and suites showcasing a unique natural setting and exclusive access to five miles of private beach.
The Cloister is Sea Island's central experience, encompassing the full spectrum of resort amenities and activities. Accommodations at The Cloister have received numerous accolades, including the prestigious Forbes Five-Star award. At the heart of The Cloister is the main building, Sea Island's Mediterranean-masterpiece, inspired by the original 1928 Cloister building. This renowned architectural icon extends into lush, captivating gardens, while rising boldly at river's edge. From a bird's-eye view, The Cloister encompasses a sprawling range of buildings and amenities, including the Sea Island Yacht Club, The Cloister Spa, and The Cloister Beach Club. Fine dining is an essential part of The Cloister experience. Four dining establishments are housed within The Cloister area, including the renowned Georgian Room – Georgia's only Forbes Five-star restaurant.
Luxury accommodations within The Cloister are available in three distinctive settings: The Cloister (main building and wings), The Cloister Beach Club Suites, and The Cloister Ocean Villas. All three settings offer ready access to resort amenities, including The Spa, boating, tennis, squash, and beach activities. Guests are encouraged to do everything – or nothing at all.
Accommodations at The Cloister are defined by luxury, sophistication, and comfort. Experience expansive and lavish appointments. Each room is uniquely designed, featuring lustrous wood furnishings, exposed beam ceilings, overstuffed chairs, hardwood floors, and handmade Turkish rugs. Standard amenities include 45-inch LCD HD televisions, and spacious deep-soaking tubs with separate rainhead showers.
Garden View Rooms
- 500 square feet.
- View of The Cloister Garden
River View Rooms
- 700 square feet.
- Connecting rooms available by request and based on availability.
River & Cloister View Suites
- 950 square feet.
- River view suites are situated along the Black Banks River, and feature spectacular views of the tidal river and golden marsh.
- Cloister view suites are situated along the beautifully manicured Cloister gardens.
- River and Cloister suites feature a choice of one king or two queen beds.
Black Banks Suite
- 1,730 square feet.
- The Black Banks Suite features two bedrooms, 2.5 bathrooms, a living room, and expansive wrap-around balcony.
Sea Island Suite
- 2,200 square feet.
- The Sea Island Suite features one king bedroom, 2.5 bathrooms, a living room with fireplace, library, and a private balcony.