From booking to checking in, planning your trip to check-out. And a few things you should know while you’re here. All the details about your Sea Island stay, from start to finish. Still have questions? Please contact us at any time.
Check-In/Check Out Times
If you should arrive early, you are welcome to enjoy the facilities while you wait for your guest room or cottage to become available.
12:00 p.m. (10 a.m. for Cottages)
After checking out of your room or cottage, feel free to continue enjoying all the amenities and experiences at Sea Island for the remainder of the day.
The Cloister and The Lodge
2-night room rate + applicable fees and taxes
1-night’s rent, plus tax is charged at the time of reservation and is non-refundable and non-transferrable. The remaining balance owed, including all room nights’ applicable fees and taxes, is charged 60 days prior to arrival. Reservations made within 60 days prior to arrival will be charged in full at the time of booking.
1-night room rate + applicable fees and taxes
Lodging & Resort Cancellations
The Cloister and The Lodge
We require notification of cancellation or shortening of stay at least seven (7) days prior to arrival for refund of this deposit. Cancellations or shortenings of stay within the seven (7) day period will result in forfeiture of the full deposit.
Guest may cancel reservation by giving a minimum of sixty (60) days written notice prior to scheduled arrival date. Upon (60) days’ notice, any prepayments made, less an amount equal to one night’s rent plus tax, shall be refunded to guest.
We require notification of cancellation or shortening of stay at least 48-hours days prior to arrival for refund of this deposit. Cancellations or shortening of stay within the 48-hour period will result in forfeiture of the full deposit.
Resort Cancellation Policies
Dining & Activity Cancellation Policy
Fees & Taxes
(Fees and Taxes are subject to change.)
Local and State Taxes
The combined local and state sales tax rate for Glynn County, Georgia, is 7%. A Local Room Tax of 5% and State of Georgia Lodging Tax of $5 per night will apply to all reservations.
Resort Fee (The Cloister and The Lodge)
A $38 per room nightly fee includes:
- Local calls
- Unlimited access to the Fitness Center (with strength and cardio equipment, heated indoor pool, whirlpool, hydrotherapy pool, labyrinth, locker rooms, steam, and sauna) and Sea Island Beach Club
- Shared transportation between The Cloister, The Lodge, and Retreat
- In-room Nespresso hot beverage program
- Complimentary use of BMW Cars*
- Beach chairs, towels, and umbrellas
- Morning pastries, afternoon tea, and coffee service at The Cloister
- Morning coffee and tea, and milk and cookies at evening turndown at The Lodge
- In-room evening bottled water and ice delivery
- Access to PressReader app offering over 6,500+ newspaper and magazine titles.
*based on availability
Resort Fee (Cottages)
A $75 fee per day of Cottage occupancy includes:
- Welcome amenity upon arrival
- Wi-Fi within the cottage
- Starter supply of household essentials
- Concierge services
- Local calls
- Unlimited access to the Fitness Center (with strength and cardio equipment, heated indoor pool, whirlpool, hydrotherapy pool, labyrinth, locker rooms, steam, and sauna), and Beach Club
- Shuttle transportation between The Cloister, The Lodge, and Retreat
- Morning pastries and afternoon tea and coffee service at The Cloister
- Bell service (upon request)
- DVD library (upon request)
- Board games (upon request)
- Damage waiver
Sea Island Infrastructure Fee
As a private entity, Sea Island maintains its beach, causeway, roads, water system, bridge and landscaping with no government funding from taxes. Funds from the SIIF, 2.25% per transaction, contribute to this cost.
St. Simons Land Trust Donation
$2 per night will be added to your bill as a contribution to the St. Simons Land Trust. If you choose not to contribute, we will gladly remove this amount from your bill.
Parking at The Cloister and The Lodge
Valet parking is available to all overnight guests for a charge of $25 per night.
Valet parking is required for guests staying in The Cloister Main Building or Wings.
Self-parking is available to overnight guests staying at The Lodge, in The Beach Club or Cloister Ocean Residences, for a charge of $20 per night.
Parking at The Inn at Sea Island
Valet parking is not available.
Self-parking is complimentary.
A service charge will automatically be added to your account for all activities, spa and fitness services, and In-Room Dining. Gratuities for restaurant dining, the bell staff, housekeeping, forecaddies, and other service staff may be given at your discretion. A 5% gratuity will be automatically added at Wonderland and Snack Shack.
Every place is a special place at Sea Island, but some restaurants, events, and activities call for a little more polish than others. Here are some guidelines to keep in mind when you’re planning and packing.
Show Dress Codes
Appropriate golf attire is required in the clubhouse, on the course, and in practice areas.
- Tailored Bermuda and walking shorts are permissible providing they are no higher than 3 1/2 inches above the knee.
- Cut-offs, athletic shorts, swimsuits, tennis shorts, blue jeans, and jogging attire are not appropriate.
- Collared shirts must be worn at all times.
- Shirts without collars including crew neck shirts, fish net shirts, t-shirts and tank tops are not appropriate (t-shirts are permissible for children under 16 years of age).
- Halter tops, bathing suit tops, revealing clothing, short shorts, cut-offs, tennis, swimming and jogging attire are not appropriate.
- Soft-soled and golf shoes with non-metal spikes, please.
- No sandals.
Appropriate tennis attire is required in the tennis center and on the courts.
Gentlemen and Ladies
- Jeans are not appropriate.
- Cut-offs and running shorts are not appropriate.
- Bathing suits, tank tops, and jogging bras are not appropriate.
- No sleeveless shirts for men
- Court shoes are required to play.
- All swimmers must wear befitting swimming attire.
- Cut-offs are not considered bona fide swimming attire.
- No bare feet allowed outside of the wet areas and locker rooms.
Casual workout attire is acceptable at the health/fitness facility. Proper athletic shoes must be worn within the Fitness Center. Ages 16 and up may access the facility with a Parental Guardian Release.
- T-shirts, tank tops, gym shorts, or warm-up pants.
- Leotards, leggings, t-shirts, tank tops, gym shorts, or warm-up pants.
Protective eyewear and non-marking court shoes must be worn on the courts at all times.
There are a few guidelines that apply to your dog’s stay, including a weight limit (no more than 35 pounds), a dog fee per room, arrangements to be made for housekeeping service, and the need for your dog to be on a leash at all times. For the comfort of our guests, we ask that you keep your dog quiet at all times. When you make your reservation, you will receive information with more specifics about your dog’s stay. We look forward to having you and your dog with us!
Show pet policy
- Please register your dog prior to checking into your room. A $175, non-refundable, dog fee per room will be assessed during your stay for The Cloister and The Lodge. The fee for The Inn is $125, non-refundable. Pets are not allowed in Cottages, unless otherwise specified.
- Housekeeping service should be set for when your pet will not be present in the room; otherwise you will not receive housekeeping service.
- Your dog is required to be on a leash at all times.
- While it is fine for your dog to accompany you through the hotel lobby, the Beach Club entrance on your way to the beach, and other public areas of the resort, Health Department regulations require your dog not remain in those areas or visit any of our restaurants, pool areas, the Spa, or Fitness Center.
- To ensure that other guests of the hotel are not inconvenienced by noise, we ask that you keep your dog quiet at all times. In the event that our Security Department is asked to contact you more than once as the result of your dog making noise, we will assist you in making arrangements for your dog to stay at an offsite boarding facility for the remainder of your visit.
- We offer a pet menu with delicious, healthy treats.
- The hotel, parent company, agents, and staff will not be responsible for any liability involving your dog with respect to property damages, injuries, or any other incident.
Hide pet policy
- No drone flying or photography via drone is permitted on or over Sea Island resort property except for pre-approved instances involving specific events.
- A copy of the pilot’s FAA Part 107 (Remote Pilot Certification) as a qualified, commercial drone photographer is required in advance for review and approval.
- All locations to be shot via drone must pertain to specific events only. For the privacy of other guests, no general footage of the resort is permitted.
- Sea Island Company reserves the right to review all footage taken, as well as footage included in the finished product.
- Depending on the complexity of an approved shoot, an escort may be required, in which case a fee of $150 per hour of escort will be charged.
Ride Share Transportation
While visiting, if the need arises for use of an external taxi service or ride-sharing transportation, the Main Security Gate requires advance notice with a phone number to confirm that access to Sea Island should be provided. Contact: email@example.com or 912-634-3903.