One of the Nation's Best Shooting Facilities
Shooting at Sea Island has been a tradition since 1929. As one of the oldest standing original buildings on Sea Island, the Shooting School was one of the first Skeet Clubs in the country. For 60 years the Shooting School was run by National Skeet Shooting Association (NSSA) Hall of Fame Member Fred Missildine, who was also a 30-time World Champion. The tradition continues and introduces thousands of beginners to the clay target games yearly. The Shooting School’s instructors have over 60 years of teaching experience between them, so for the seasoned shooters or novices, there’s something for everyone.
The art of clay target shooting is a treasured tradition at Sea Island, and the Sea Island Shooting School ranks among the nation's best. Facilities include a competitive five-stand sporting clay field, two skeet ranges, and a trap field. Shooting School staff feature three NSCA-certified instructors and one NSSA-certified instructor.
Private or group lessons are offered for experts and novices. Skeet, trap, and five-stand practice sessions are available for experienced shooters.
- Private, one-hour individual or group lessons with one of Sea Island’s instructors can be customized to meet the needs of shooters at any level.
- Introduction to Clay Target Shooting is a one-hour overview of gun safety, equipment, and shooting techniques.
- The Annie Oakley Shooting Hour is specifically designed for women.
- The highly popular Air Rifle Bull's-eye Hour (for children ages 6-12) and Targets for Teens stress gun safety and shooting instruction.
- Practice sessions are available by appointment for experienced shooters.
Additional and customizable shooting opportunities available at Sea Island’s hunting preserve, Broadfield.