Become a Part of the Sea Island Family
For a limited time, Sea Island is offering an alternative opportunity to become a part of the Sea Island family with our Invitational and Junior Invitational Membership categories. These categories enable you to enjoy the privileges of Sea Island Club membership without the purchase of real estate in a Sea Island community.
As a Sea Island Invitational or Junior Invitational Member, you have access to all the Sea Island Club facilities and other amenities offered at The Cloister, The Beach Club and The Lodge.
- Sea Island Beach Club with three pools and five miles of private beach
- Three championship golf courses – Plantation, Retreat, and Seaside, home of the PGA TOUR's RSM Classic
- Exceptional dining including the Five-Star Cloister Georgian Room, Colt & Alison, Tavola, and Southern Tide
- Forbes Five-Star Spa and Fitness Center with its host of wellness experts
- The Sea Island Golf Performance Center, where the pros train, incorporating swing instruction, fitness, psychology, and club fitting
- Sea Island Shooting School with a competitive five-stand sporting clay field, two skeet ranges and a trap field
- Sea Island Yacht Club – experience some of the finest fishing on the East Coast with our inshore, near-shore and offshore fishing trips
- Robust membership programming including our National Geographic Explorers in Residence series, well-known musicians and artists, celebrity families & speakers, and famous chefs
- Member receptions, dinners, events and performances
Invitational Members enjoy all of these privileges without requiring a real estate purchase on Sea Island or in a Sea Island community. There is a non-refundable Initiation Fee required along with Invitational dues.
Junior Invitational Membership
Junior Invitational Memberships include the same privileges as an Invitational Member, do not require a real estate purchase on Sea Island or in a Sea Island community, and are only available to those under the age of 45. The non-refundable Initiation Fee and Invitational dues can be paid on an age-based payment plan.
A prospective Invitational or Junior Invitational Member must be recommended for membership by a Sea Island Club member who is in good standing.
Begin your introduction into the Sea Island Family by contacting Frankie W. Strother, Director of Membership, in the Sea Island Membership Office at 912-634-3247 or [email protected] for a membership packet.
351 Sea Island Road
Saint Simons Island, Georgia 31522
(Located in the Sea Marsh Building)
|Director of Membership & Activities||Frankie W. Strother||[email protected]||912-634-3247|
- Question: What are the new membership opportunities at Sea Island Club?
Answer: Sea Island Club is now offering a limited number of Invitational Memberships and Junior Memberships.
- Question: Who is eligible for these memberships?
Answer: A prospective Invitational or Junior Member must be recommended for membership by any Sea Island Club member who is in good standing. Only individuals who are under the age of 45 are eligible to acquire a Junior Membership.
- Question: What is the difference between Charter, Full, Beach & Sports Memberships and the Invitational and Junior Memberships?
- Charter Members - Those members who held a Sea Island Club membership on November 30, 2010 and signed an agreement to replace that membership with a new Sea Island Club membership are Charter Members. Charter Members have the option to pay Full dues or Beach & Sports dues each membership year and the membership deposits are refundable according to the Membership Plan. Charter memberships are no longer offered.
- Full Members - Buyers of real estate in a Sea Island designated community after January 1, 2011, may join as a Full Member and pay the applicable dues. Membership deposits are refundable according to the Membership Plan.
- Beach & Sports Members - Buyers of real estate in a Sea Island designated community after January 1, 2011, may join as a Beach & Sports Member and pay the applicable dues. Membership deposits are refundable according to the Membership Plan.
- Invitational Members - Members pay a non-refundable Initiation Fee, pay Invitational dues and enjoy the same privileges as Full Members. Invitational Members may not sponsor rental guests and the membership is not transferable.
- Junior Members - Members pay a non-refundable Initiation Fee with a payment plan according to age. The dues payable by Junior Members are a percentage of the dues payable by Invitational Members, again according to age. Junior Members enjoy the same privileges as Full Members. Junior Members may not sponsor rental guests and the membership is not transferable.
- Question: As an Invitational or Junior Member, do I have a choice of dues categories?
Answer: No. Both Invitational and Junior Members pay Invitational dues as established by the Club each membership year. However, Junior Members are permitted to pay a discounted Invitational dues rate according to the published age scale.
- Question: How do I pay my dues?
Answer: Membership dues are payable monthly in advance, therefore the first 2 months of dues are payable when the membership is activated. Monthly dues will then be billed to your member account for the remainder of the membership year.
- Question: Will the graduated payment plan change for the Junior Membership program?
Answer: Yes. The payment plan for the 1st 25 Junior members is as follows
The payment plan for Junior Members who join thereafter is as follows:
Up to age 39: 50% of Initiation Fee and 50% of Invitational dues Age 40-44: 75% of Initiation Fee and 75% of Invitational dues Age 45: 100% of Initiation Fee and 100% of Invitational dues Up to age 35: 50% of Initiation Fee and 50% of Invitational dues Age 36-39: 75% of Initiation Fee and 75% of Invitational dues Age 40: 100% of Initiation Fee and 100% of Invitational dues
- Question: How do I make arrangements for guest cards?
Answer: All guest cards are coordinated through the Membership Office. The names of Extended Family members must be listed on the Membership Agreement at the time of application and will be verified at the time the guest card order is placed. For other guest card requests, the member must accompany their guests when picking up guest cards from the Membership Office. Rental guests may not be sponsored at any time under either the Invitational or Junior Membership program.
- Question: What is the definition of Extended Family?
Answer: Extended Family members include children who do not qualify as immediate family (i.e., unmarried children under the age of 26 either living at home, attending school on a full-time basis or serving in the military), parents and grandchildren of the Member and Member's spouse or Domestic Partner and the spouses or Domestic Partners of such family members, excluding, however, those who own or rent a residence or otherwise reside in Glynn, McIntosh, Brantley or Camden Counties.
- Question: Can I offer guest cards to my renters if I am renting my property through VRBO?
What if I rent by myself?
Answer: No. Under the Invitational and Junior Memberships, rental guests may not be sponsored at any time.
- Question: What are the guest card fees and where are other fees and charges listed?
Answer: Please refer to the current Schedule of Dues, Fees and Charges.
- Question: What if I join as an Invitational or Junior Member and change my mind a week later? Answer : The Initiation Fee for an Invitational or Junior Membership is not refundable under any circumstances (except if the application is not approved) so there would be no refund of the Initiation Fee. You could resign your membership, but dues would continue to be billed to your club account until the end of the membership year.
- Question: What happens to the Invitational or Junior Membership when the member dies?
Answer: If an Invitational Member dies, the membership may be transferred to a surviving spouse. If a Junior Member dies, the membership may be transferred to a surviving spouse and the spouse will assume the graduated payment program obligation. If the spouse re-marries, the membership may not transfer again upon death and will be terminated. If there is no surviving spouse at the time of the member's death, the membership terminates. Invitational and Junior Memberships are not transferable to children.
- Question: What happens to the Invitational or Junior Membership in the event of divorce?
Answer: The membership may be transferred to one of the spouses pursuant to a separation agreement or decree of divorce. The supporting documentation must be submitted to the Membership Office. If the membership is awarded to the non-member spouse, and following remarriage by this spouse there is another divorce and the membership is awarded to the non-member spouse a second time, the membership will be terminated
- Question: Are Invitational or Junior Memberships transferable to an adult child during the member's lifetime?
Answer: No. Invitational and Junior Memberships are not transferable to an adult child during the member's lifetime.
- Question: Are Invitational or Junior Memberships transferable with the sale of property in a designated Sea Island development?
Answer: No. Invitational and Junior Memberships are not transferable to a subsequent real estate purchaser in connection with the sale of property.
- Question: Is it possible to convert the Invitational and Junior membership to a Full or Beach & Sports Membership?
Answer: Provided the Invitational or Junior Member owns or purchases property on Sea Island or in a Sea Island designated community and if a Full Membership is available, an Invitational or Junior Membership may be converted to a Full Membership. The difference between the Initiation Fee that has been paid at the date of conversion and the then prevailing membership deposit rate of the Full Membership must be paid in order to convert the membership. The Initiation Fee is not refundable, but the membership deposit portion of the payment is refundable according to the guidelines in the Membership Plan. An Invitational or Junior Membership cannot be converted to a Beach & Sports Membership.
- Question: Is it possible for me to wait a year to join the Sea Island Club as an Invitational or Junior Member?
Answer: A limited number of Invitational and Junior Memberships are being offered for a limited period of time. There is no guarantee how long this offer will be available. Further, the Junior Membership graduated payment program will change after the first 25 Junior Memberships have been sold.
- Question: How do I apply for an Invitational or Junior Membership in the Sea Island Club?
Answer: To obtain a membership application, contact Frankie W. Strother, Director of Membership and Activities, in the Sea Island Club Office at 912-634-3247 or [email protected]
- Question: Once the membership application, recommendation form and Initiation Fee have been submitted to the Membership Office, how long is the approval process?
Answer: A candidate for membership will be notified within 30 days after the completed application package is submitted to the Membership Office.
- Question: What should I do if I don't know a current member in the Sea Island Club and need a recommendation for membership?
Answer: Please contact Frankie Strother for further direction
For more information and to request a membership packet, contact:
Frankie W. Strother, Director of Membership
P. O. Box 30351
Sea Island, GA 31561
Membership Office Location:
351 Sea Island Road