is here this week!
World-Class Cloister Tennis Center
The legendary Jensen Brothers are leading the resort’s tennis program, with Murphy Jensen serving as Director of Tennis and Luke Jensen as a year-round touring pro. The dynamic duo deliver their natural energy, enthusiasm and passion for the sport into Sea Island’s tennis program, not only serving up ACES but, creative programming, revolutionary teaching methods and elite instruction.
As one of the most popular doubles teams in the history of the game for their ability to energize crowds and make the game fun, the Jensen brothers first became famous in the professional tennis world when they won the French Open doubles title in 1993 reaching a career-high ranking of Number 1 in the world.
The Sea Island Tennis program includes The Cloister and Retreat Tennis Centers, and boasts 16 Har-Tru® clay courts (four lighted) at each facility. Certified Sea Island MJTA professional instructors provide elite and instinctual tennis instruction along with unparalleled teaching methods and philosophies developed by the Jensen Brothers.
- Daily Pro Doubles Clinics –Doubles games designed by the Jensen brothers, work on positioning and strategy, giving the player a complete workout (Beginner-Intermediate and Advanced times available)
- Sea Island Happy Hour Tennis Clinic – A lighthearted fun doubles workout set in the early evening
- “O” Zone Cardio Tennis – the ultimate cardio tennis workout of continuous movement while perfecting tennis technique
- Private lessons with a Sea Island Tennis professional
- Game arranging available upon request through The Cloister Tennis Retail shop
- Home of “Friday Night Lights at The Cloister” series of exhibition matches as well as adult retreats, fantasy camps and tennis specialty packages
Sea Island’s Lifestyle and Tennis Boutique offers a truly unique shopping experience. With the latest in tennis attire, equipment and resort fashions, the boutique showcases an unparalleled collection of lifestyle resort wear for men, women and children. Offering a wide selection of trending tennis and athletic apparel, the Lifestyle and Tennis Boutique also features Lacoste's ready-to-wear line, NIKE, TONIC by Martina Hingis, Lija and Wilson, and more. In addition to shopping, premiere technical tennis equipment and services are also available.
Sea Island Murphy Jensen Tennis Academy
The mission of the Sea Island MJTA is to inspire and promote a lifelong love of tennis and equip juniors with the tools required to play amazing tennis, while offering a tennis experience they will never forget.
The Sea Island Murphy Jensen Tennis Academy offers world-class and innovative tennis instruction for all ages and abilities.
- Tykes Tennis - a half-hour introduction to basic tennis techniques, stroke production and good sportsmanship for ages 4-6, developing the foundation of the sport that leads to a love of the game.
- Beginner/Intermediate - a one-hour class focusing on the 3 pillars of tennis success “consistency, placement, and power” while being challenged to advance to the next level.
- Advanced - a 90-minute highly motivated and intense tennis experience building tennis players from the ground up in a team environment reinforcing timing, balance, and the 3 pillars of tennis success while learning professional tactics and strategies.
The Sea Island Tennis pro shops at The Cloister and Retreat Tennis Centers offer an extensive selection of tennis equipment, gifts, accessories, shoes and apparel for the devoted tennis player and sports enthusiasts of all ages. Shoppers will find an impressive collection of athletic wear and Sea Island Memorabilia including Lacoste, Wilson, Tonic by Martina Hingis, Lija and Nike to name a few.
Classic Tennis Package
Sea Island offers world-class tennis facilities that include The Cloister and Retreat Tennis Centers. Enjoy daily clinics and court time each day with special pricing in the Tennis Center shop.
Available for a two-night minimum stay at The Cloister
- Luxury accommodations at The Cloister in a River View room
- One-hour clinic or drill session daily
- One-hour private lesson with a Sea Island tennis professional daily (For two people, the lesson will be shared.)
- Two hours of court time daily
Or call 1-855-572-4975 to book this package.
Rate is based on single or double occupancy per night, for two nights; $38 nightly resort fee and tax are additional. Based on availability; some conditions may apply. Cannot be combined with other packages or offers. Offer is good on new reservations only and does not apply to group bookings.