The Cloister, The Lodge and Cottage Rentals, and The Inn at Sea Island are now open.
During our closure, our team diligently worked to modify our protocol for operating the resort and interacting with our guests and members to help ensure the safety of all parties. Additionally, during this time, we finished the refurbishment of The Cloister Main Building guest rooms and all Beach Club suites including the replacement of soft goods and furniture. Be among the first to stay in these like-new rooms.
Health & Hygiene
To help ensure the health and safety of our guests, members and team members, Sea Island has enhanced our already high cleaning standards and developed physical distancing guidelines. Additionally, all team members are being trained on the latest safety and sanitation protocols. We invite you to learn more about our enhanced Health and Hygiene Guidelines. We will continue to update these guidelines based on new directives from our Governor and/or new guidance from the CDC or Georgia Department of Public Health. We also request you be an active participant in helping keep Sea Island a safe and fun place for all to enjoy by reviewing these guidelines and following our policies when noted by team members or on-property collateral or signage.
In accordance with guidance from the CDC and the strong recommendation of our Governor, we are requiring all guests and members (over the age of 2), and team members, to wear face coverings. This includes all pool decks (Beach Club, Cloister, Lodge, Inn and Fitness Center), the common areas of the Beach Club, The Cloister, The Lodge, The Inn, Spa and Fitness, Retreat, and Tennis lobbies. It also includes the beach in front of the Beach Club and in beach chairs provided by Sea Island. It excludes eating, drinking, and exercising outdoors or indoors in our fitness facilities.
Why are we asking guests to wear face coverings?
- To help protect the health of Sea Island guests, members and team members. Sea Island team members are respecting guests and members by wearing a mask and we ask that our guests and members do the same.
When do you need to wear a face covering?
- Whenever you are in a public space (lobbies, retail spaces and pro shops, The Market, etc.) where other guests, members or team members are present.
When do you not need to wear a face covering?
- If you are sitting in a pool chair at a Sea Island pool or on the beach in a Sea Island beach chair and no one is present (within 6 feet) who is not with your party, you are not required to wear a face covering. However, if you seek service from a Sea Island team member, we request you put on your face covering. If you leave your chair to use the restroom, get food or drinks, go to the game room, go to the Surf Shop at the Beach Club, etc., we request you put on your face covering.
What about dining at a restaurant?
- Please wear your face covering when you approach the host stand or are waiting to be seated. When you are seated at your table in a restaurant, you may remove your face covering. We request you put your face covering on if you leave the table to go to the restroom and when you leave the restaurant after service.
What about Sea Island activities?
You must wear a face covering for Sea Island activities except when you are:
- playing golf, hitting balls on the golf range, or getting a golf lesson
- playing tennis or getting a tennis lesson
- kayaking, sailing or paddleboarding
- horseback riding (after you have mounted the horse)
Amenities Re-opening Schedule
Sea Island is lucky to have an expansive, natural, private setting surrounded by rivers, marshes, golf courses and the Atlantic Ocean. Our five miles of private beach and wide array of outdoor activities provide an opportunity for both enjoyment and physical distancing for resort guests and members. Of note, select amenities and activities may be adjusted to ensure we are adhering to physical distancing and health and safety guidelines.
- Seasonal Dining on Rainbow Island – Rainbow Island Supper, Summer Harvest Dinner, Mexican Cantina Dinner
- The Cloister Adult Pool
- Fit Fuel Café
- The Spa at Sea Island and Salon by appointment only- Locker Rooms and Water Atrium (Spa will be closed Sundays and Mondays.)
- Sea Island Fitness Center – first come, first served with limited capacity; Classes, Personal Training, Pool, Squash Courts, Locker Rooms, Hot Tub, and Water Atrium
- Fishing Charters and Kayaking Trips – by appointment only
- Shooting School – by appointment only
- Hawk Walks
- Rainbow Island Paddleboarding and Sunfish Sailing Lessons and Rentals
- Coastal Experience Center
- Retail Shops
- Seaside and Plantation Golf Courses and The Lodge Golf Shop
- The Speedway Putting Course
- The Lodge Pool and Pool House
- Oak Room
- Men’s Locker Room
- The Lodge In-Room Dining
- Instruction at the Golf Performance Center
- The Lodge Fitness Area and Locker Rooms
- Open with limited capacity
- Southern Tide – Take-Out Limited Lunch and Dinner (For dinner, please call (912) 357-3313 or ext. 5199 to place an order. Pre-orders taken from 11 a.m.–6 p.m.)
- The Snack Shack
- The Beach Bar
- Food and Beverage service on the Adult Pool Desk, Beach Club Patio, and Beach
- Bike Rentals
- Water Slide
- Camp Cloister
- Toddler Room
- Game Room
- Sea Island Nature Center
- Sea Turtle Dawn Patrol
- Retail Shops
The Inn at Sea Island
- Topgolf Swing Suite and Bar
Sea Marsh, St. Simons Island, and Transportation
- The Market at Sea Island (Monday–Saturday, 8 a.m.–3 p.m. and Sunday, 8 a.m.–2 p.m.)
- The Stables at Frederica
- Sea Island Transportation Airport Pickups