Sea Island Resort is private property and maintains a strict policy against the use of its hotel grounds (all interior spaces, exterior grounds, Cottages in the Sea Island rental program, etc.) for unauthorized professional or commercial photography/videography purposes.
- Sea Island does NOT allow any area of its hotel or Cottage rental property (all indoor and outdoor grounds) to be used for commercial photography including but not limited to advertising photography, catalog shoots, model / fashion shoots or social media influencer / blogger posts and shoots without prior approval from the Sea Island Marketing team.
- Unauthorized professional photographers / videographers are subject to immediate expulsion from the hotel property.
Professional photography / videography will be allowed when approved by the Marketing team for the following situations:
- Media Coverage – Members of the news media should contact our Public Relations firm in advance by emailing [email protected]. Media visits must be arranged in advance. Official press credentials are required.
- Social Media Content Creators and Influencers who would like to work with Sea Island to promote key property messages and initiatives can reach out to [email protected] at least one week prior to arrival to determine if there’s an opportunity for partnership.
- Contracted Events, Meetings and Weddings taking place onsite at Sea Island for event documentation and internal promotional purposes. The photographer / videographer name and contact information must be provided and an official event badge / credential will need to be worn when conducting services on Sea Island, which easily identifies them as being affiliated with the group or organization.
Sea Island also has a policy regarding the use of drones for the safety and privacy of our guests and members.
- No drone flying or photography via drone is permitted on or over Sea Island Resort property except for pre-approved instances involving specific events. A copy of the pilot’s FAA Part 107 (Remote Pilot Certification) as a qualified, commercial drone photographer is required in advance for review and approval. All locations to be shot via drone must pertain to specific events only. For the privacy of other guests, no general footage of the resort is permitted. Sea Island Company reserves the right to review all footage taken, as well as footage included in the finished product. Depending on the complexity of an approved shoot, an escort may be required, in which case a fee of $150 per hour of escort will be charged.
Personal & Amateur Photography and Videography
Sea Island encourages its guests to take personal video or still photographs while enjoying their visit. All images and videos taken by guests and visitors are allowed free of charge so long as the images and videos are used for a personal, non-commercial purpose. All photographs and video should be taken from public viewing areas, and must be taken with a hand-held camera (non-professional equipment). These photos must be taken in a manner where the space is used in its intended form.
- All camera accessories or the staging of shoots that could potentially impede foot traffic are not allowed, including: camera tripods, monopods, lighting setups, large reflectors and selfie sticks.
- Photographs may not be published, sold, reproduced, transmitted, distributed or otherwise commercially exploited in any manner whatsoever. All trademarks, service marks, logos, images, and facilities of Sea Island are the sole property of Sea Island may not be used, reproduced, displayed or distributed without written consent.
Sea Island has the right, at its sole discretion, to withhold or withdraw consent to photograph and video (or to reproduce photographs or video) of the hotel and related property.